woensdag 8 december 2010

'Giving you up' is for LOL!

SCOTS busker Amy Belle has duetted with Rod Stewart and is now working with another megastar - Miley Cyrus.

The Glaswegian singer has written two tracks for the Hannah Montana American singing sensation under her real name, Amy Lindop.
Her first, Talk Is Cheap, was included on Miley's album The Time Of Our Lives, which made it to No2 in the US charts last year.
And Giving You Up is one of the main songs in 18-year-old Miley's first 'grown-up' movie LOL: Laughing Out Loud, which is due out next year starring Demi Moore.
It's already earned over half a million hits on YouTube and is lined up for a single release in the spring.
And Amy, 29, said: "When the first cheque from Miley Cyrus arrived I was like 'this beats the hell out of busking'.
"I've been telling everyone I know since I was 14 that I'm going to be a rock star. "I've done everything I can to try and make it.
"But when Miley sang my first song it was like 'I told you I could make it'."

Amy, who lives with her solicitor boyfriend Martin in London, believes Miley has finally handed her the big showbiz breakthrough after a couple of near misses.
In 2001, Amy formed The Alice Band whose single Now That You Love Me narrowly missed the Top 40.
Three years later, Rod Stewart took her to perform with him at the Royal Albert Hall after spotting her singing on a Glasgow street.
They performed I Don't Want To Talk About It - but again it failed to put her in the big time.

But hooking up with New York's Grammy award-winning producer John Shanks as a song-writing partner was the break Amy needed.
She said: "I've been lucky to have met John - that's how Miley got to hear my songs."
Now she's also formed The Follies with Scots musicians Raymond Hackland and Alan Frew.
Amy added: "I'm finally going in the right direction and I'm in a happy place.
"It's nice not really having to worry where my next dime is coming from thanks to Miley."
We heard that Miley was spotted at recording studio few times in the past, so she was probably recording songs like these, for her new movies and not for a new album yet.
Question is: is 'See you again' for LOL also?
Please credit @mileyfanfeed and lovemiley.org

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten