dinsdag 19 oktober 2010

Selena loves to be a gay muse and wants to have Miley's confidence


She understands a little of Spanish, and dedicates a resounding "Te amo mucho" to all her Spanish fans. Child superstar Selena Gomez, singer, actress, fashion designer and ambassador for Unicef, went to Madrid to promote her new album, 'A Year Without Rain', now on sale.

During her visit, Selena Gomez took the opportunity to meet some of her followers, talk to the press and talk about her professional future. This was what she told us.
'A Year Without Rain' is your second album, what's new in it?

Selena Gomez: Well, actually my first album was sort of an experiment, not sure what I wanted and what kind of sound I liked. Finally I have it clear. 'A Year Without Rain' is an album much more defined and what rules it is dance music, which is what I like.
You didn't dare to write it, what happened?

Selena Gomez: That's my unfinished business, no doubt. But i don't have time for anything. Among the series, clothing line, promotion ... I'll try to include my own songs on the next album
Inevitable question: Did acting or singing? Or fashion designer?

Selena Gomez: Buff ... I hate that question, it's really hard to decide. Right now I like both, but I guess as I get older, I'll focus on acting. But I do not know.
We said fashion designer because of the success your own line of clothing and the auction of your video clip's dress are having, maybe you are planning on it...

Selena Gomez: (Laughs). No, not yet. I think the auction is at $6,000. I'm in shock, I did not imagine so. But it's for a good cause, all the money goes to UNICEF, so keep on biding! Then, the clothing line 'Dream Out Loud' ... they came to me and it seemed like a good idea. I had two conditions, one that would be the same clothes I would wear, and two, that my fans could buy it.
These followers of which you speak, look at you and watch you 24 hours. How do you take that pressure?

Selena Gomez: Well, it really is something that flatters me, I take it as a compliment. I'm just a very lucky girl who is fulfilling her dreams. I don't analyze it further.
What about the paparazzi and the fame? Each day they invent a new boyfriend or a fight with a friend ...
Selena Gomez: It's part of the work, what can I do (laughs). I will not deny that it is hard to read somethings, but I try to look at it in the best way. I concentrate on my work, my music. My fans, I let them come into my life, of course, and I share things with them, but I don't think it's interesting that they should know if I've discussed with my mother or if i changed boyfriends. I keep this topic at bay.
Speaking of friends, Miley Cyrus now goes hard and provocative. What you do you think?

Selena Gomez: Well, first, that the I respect what she does. I don't judge the work of others nor I want to imitate their behavior. I do what I think, not what others do. Her new sexy and wild side ... well, okay. I do not see myself able to do that, but I wish I had the same confidence that has it in herself to other things.
Do you think there will come a point when you will have to advance and mature for your audience?

Selena Gomez: Yes, no doubt. For example, the series 'Wizards of Waverly Place' means the world to me, which has produced some of my best friends, but we get older and you have to move forward. I just turned 18 and although I feel like a girl of 15, my working days are like those of adults.
In this world of adults where you're heading ... Do you think they will make a big deal about you being a "Disney Girl"?
Selena Gomez: Yes and no. I think being a Disney product helps me to create a massive pool of fans and followers, which would otherwise be impossible. But I know there will be people who see me or hear my music, and do not take me seriously just come from where I come from.
For now, the gay community  has welcomed you as one of its new muse...

Selena Gomez: Yes, and I love it. I am very proud of it, pun intended. My uncle was gay, I've always grown up with gay culture close to me, so I take it as a blessing.

Source: AnythingDisney.livejournal.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten